Saturday, January 4, 2014

Lacy things

I'm so behind on this blogging thing, I need to get my act together! It's New Year already and I'm still into summer knitting. Yeah well, life kind of got in the way. Between getting a full time job and opening up an online yarn shop.. there just wasn't that much free time I guess. Also blogger was acting up. In a bad way! But it seems to be behaving today so here goes.. Some lacy things, from this summer.


My little girl needed something to wear for a wedding, and this little shrug was perfect! She chose the softest white yarn she could find in my stash. I wanted to use 100% merino but no, she totally went for alpaca and silk.. (Drops Baby Alpaca Silk) ;-D This knit up really fast. The lace was a bit tricky, but otherwise a very enjoyable knit! More specs over on ravelry, this is the Cornwall Park shrug.


The next lacy thing is this hat with leaves on it. It's a free pattern from Drops. Again, check out my rav-page. It has a very nice leaf pattern, but the decreases are a bit weird. I made two full repeats and on the third half left out the YO, thus compleating a third leaf repeat while decreasing. Then decreased as stated in the pattern - way too quickly in my opinion. Blocking didn't do much to improve the shape. The yarn however was very nice and soft, it's Hjertegarn Merino Silk.

No comments: